top of page
Direct Debit Request Services Agreements (DDRSA)
1. By signing the Direct Debit Request, you authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your Account in accordance with the Agreement.
2. We will advise you 14 days in advance of any changes to the Direct Debit Request. 3. For all matters relating to the Direct Debit Request, including cancellation, alteration or suspension of drawing arrangements or to stop or defer a payment, or to investigate or dispute a previous payment, you should:
a. Contact: CEPU Plumbing Division:
Telephone: (07) 3844 8433
Fax: (07) 3844 8233
Postal: PO Box 3596, South Brisbane Q 4101
b. Allow for 14 days for the amendments to take effect or to respond to a dispute.
If our investigations show that your Account has been incorrectly debited, we will arrange for the Financial Institution to adjust your Account accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your Account has been adjusted. If our investigations show that your Account has been correctly debited, we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and copies of any evidence of this finding.
If we cannot resolve the matter, you can still refer it to your Financial Institution, which will obtain details from you of the disputed payment and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
4. You should be aware that:
a. Direct debiting through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) is not available on all accounts; and
b. You should check your Account details (including the Bank State Branch (BSB) number) directly against a recent statement from your Financial Institution. If you are in any doubt, please check with your Financial Institution before completing the drawing authority.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that: a. Sufficient cleared funds are in the Account when the payments are to be drawn; b. The authorisation to debit the Account is in the same name as the account signing instruction held by the Financial Institution where the Account is held; c. Suitable arrangements are made if the direct debit is cancelled; – by yourself – by your Financial Institution; or – for any other reason.
6. If the due date for payment falls on a day other than a Banking Business Day, the payment will be processed on the next Banking Business Day. If you are uncertain when the payment will be debited from your Account, please check with your Financial Institution.
7. For returned unpaid transactions, the following procedures or policies will apply:
a. We treat the payment as if it was never made;
b. Services may be suspended until the outstanding charges are paid; and/or
c. A Fee may be applied for drawings that are returned unpaid. We reserve the right to cancel the Direct Debit Request at any time if drawings are returned unpaid by your Financial Institution.
8. All Customer records and Account details will be kept private and confidential to be disclosed only at your request or at the request of the Financial Institution in connection with a claim made to correct/investigate an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit or otherwise as required by law.
Unless otherwise defined, a term defined in the Agreement has the same meaning when used in this DDRSA and:
Account means the account nominated in the Direct Debit Request, held at your Financial Institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited;
Agreement means the Terms and Conditions (including BPAY), including the Schedules to these Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time;
Direct Debit Request means the Direct Debit Request between us and you as amended from time to time;
Financial Institution is the financial institution where you hold the account nominated in your Direct Debit Request as the account from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited;
We means CEPU Plumbing Division, and
You means the Customer/s who signed the Direct Debit Request
bottom of page